Time To Grow: Signals And Soundbites For Scale
Talking money can be hard, but in the world of Paid Search and Social, underbudgeting can turn otherwise brilliant marketing strategies into wasteful spend. On the other hand, given that it is pay to play, it can be intimidating to invest heavily before you’re confident a strategy will yield profit.
Common mistakes that thwart advertisers and agencies alike include:
- Bidding on keywords that can’t fit at least 10 clicks in a day (banking on at least a 10% conversion rate).
- Combining strategic objectives (branded and general service, products and services with different margins, etc.) in the same campaign to “save” money, but ends up costing more because there isn’t a consistent cost per click (CPC) range.
- Setting a budget and cost per acquisition goals that isn’t directly tied to real world profit.
In this data-oriented power session, attendees will learn:
- Important metrics and factors that influence ROI including bid to budget ratios, impression share, and strategic continuity in the campaigns (limited range in cpc’s, segmenting out branded and competitor campaigns, etc)
- How to forecast budget needs based on historical performance and real-world profit.
- How to craft tests and experiments that are primed to make you the hero, while honoring strategic objectives from clients/leadership.
- When and how to bring up budget increase requests to ensure you’re able to scale.
Attendees will leave the session empowered with account auditing strategies and soundbites that highlight their success and prove their work is worthy of further investment. This session is targeted towards agencies, and marketing managers who must fight for their budget each fiscal year/quarter.
Navah Hopkins (USA)
Services Innovation StrategistWordstream